It’s the new year and with that comes the shocking revelation that it’s been nearly a year since we started Patches & Flash. We still remember sitting in a coffee shop this time last year, questioning whether we wanted to start such a massive project, what we would write about and quite frankly whether anyone would want to read it. Nearly one year on – we’re happy that we did it. It’s something that has allowed us write about things we love and we are so grateful to everyone that’s liked, shared and even told us in person that they’ve enjoyed reading it. So here’s a little end of year review for the blog highlighting our most memorable moments – our way of saying thank you to everyone for their continued support!
1. Oh the memories; it all started here as we (very) tentatively took on the world wide web with our first outfit post featuring that famous red dress (oh, and our first brick wall).
2. In June we decided to ditch the British summer in favour of some Spanish sun in Barcelona. Check out our three-part style diary for what we got up to. Dos cócteles por favor!
3. One of our favourite posts from this year has to be this androgynous outfit shot on a calm day in in the city. We pushed ourselves in terms of photography technique and went for a ‘paparazzi’ feel. Check out the full post here.
4. Passports at the ready once more, this time we took a trip to the world’s biggest photography & imaging convention; Photokina. We were able to check out a lot of new releases, weigh in on what we thought and even took some outfit pictures along the way. Check out our round-up of the show here. Or check out our video recap below!
5. We featured a Patches & Flash sibling in one of our outfit posts which had great feedback. Much to his embarrassment, see the infamous full post here.
6. We reached 100 followers on Instagram! Now we know this may not be monumental to some but for two extremely awkward people we are very grateful that over 100 people would even want to see our faces on a regular basis. For even more pictures of our faces, a lot of coffee and some fashion, follow us @patchesandflash.
7. We reached 80 Facebook fans! Again not monumental for some but we should take a moment to say thank you to everyone who’s shown support over Facebook, every fan is cherished highly! You can like our page here.
So there you have it, just some of our highlights from what’s been a great first year of Patches & Flash. We’re hoping for more of the same in 2015, with loads more outfits, photography, coffee (of course) – and maybe one or two new surprises along the way! We’d also love for you to let us know what you’d like to see this year – more outfits? more photography tips? Let us know in the comments down below. We’d love to hear what you guys think!
Happy New Year! 🙂
Patches & Flash